First person Freshman: the Stress of my first Finals is Taking Over Me

Photo Courtesy of Freshman Cate Tucker

As Finals are rolling around San Luis Obispo High School students are getting more stressed, including me. As a freshman these are my first high school finals.

It is a tad intimidating to say the least. 

“I am Stressed for the first final ever in my high school career, and I feel like I don’t know the best way to study for them,” said Freshman Riley O’Connor.

Personally I have already studied for five hours on my own for my Biology final, and I don’t feel close to prepared. Out of all of my finals I know my Biology is the one that is going to be the most difficult.                                      

I also have never had to study for anything this serious. I just don’t know how to do it the most efficient way. I have asked some upperclassmen but they are still trying to figure it out too.

Right now my schedule is Biology, Art, Algebra, Newspaper, and Cross Country. I am very worried about Biology as I have said but surprisingly I am very worried about Art. I have never had to take a written test for something like Art. 

As of right now I am sitting in Barnes and Noble drinking espresso and on my third hour of studying for today. I have no idea if that is not enough or too much. I thought I would just study until I felt prepared but I am starting to think that might not be possible. 

I hope others are feeling better about their finals, but if they do not, trust me they are not alone. Good luck on the finals Tigers!