A Quick Dive Through CIF Swim

A Quick Dive Through CIF Swim

The San Luis Obispo High School girls swim team recently took on CIF at Clovis West High School on May 4. The girls who fought hard at CIF included: seniors Annie Bartolome, Amberly Clark, Clare Dooley, Clea Wendt, Coco Smith, Hannah Fowler, juniors Sydney Cusick, Isabella Garritano, Kylie Salinger, sophomores Emilie Giannini, Rachel Wood and freshman Naya Koc.

The girls swim team brought home four new records for SLOHS. The events included the 100 meter backstroke, 200 meter medley relay, 200 meter freestyle relay, and the 400 meter freestyle relay.

Bartolome set the new record for the 100 back with a 56.79, and she placed second at CIF then continued onto the state meet the following weekend.

The line up of girls who set the record for the 200 medley included Koc, Garritano, Bartolome, and Giannini; their time was 1:52.27, they placed sixteenth overall. The record-breaking line up for the 200 freestyle relay included Bartolome, Cusick, Giannini, and Koc; they had a time of 1:49.36, they placed fifth overall. The 400 freestyle record-breaking team included Bartolome, Giannini, Garritano, and Koc; their time was 3:40.06, they placed fifth overall.

“My CIF experience was incredible. The new records my team broke were amazing and I was so proud of us all,” said Giannini.

Overall the lady tigers worked hard the entire season. Every swimmer achieved new personal bests and pushed themselves harder than ever before. The girls rallied together as a team throughout the season and encouraged one another no matter what they placed.