The Girls Varsity Soccer Road to success

The San Luis Obispo High School girls varsity soccer team has been very strong the past few years but haven’t been able to clutch a CIF win. Will they have what it takes to get it done this year? In the 2017-18 season, they made it to CIF Southern California Regional Girls Soccer Championships in Sunny Hills, CA and lost to Sunny Hills 1-0. Expressions talked to varsity players and juniors Sydney Frost, Bailey Frost, and Emma Ruzius about this season and their hopes.

Expressions: How strong is your team this year?

Junior Sydney Frost: We have a very deep roster on our team, everybody is very skilled.

Junior Bailey Frost: Our team is quite strong, I believe we will go far this year.

Junior Emma Ruzius: It’s a new team, but we are very athletic.

Expressions: Do you think you have a chance to make finals this year?

Sydney Frost: Yes I do we are ranked very well to start the season.

Bailey Frost: Yes, we have played a lot better than last year. Our team is working better together this year.

Ruzius: No I do not because our team needs to be more athletic.

Expressions: How is coaching this year?

Sydney Frost: Our coaching is really good this year. In the games, if we need to improve something, they take action and try to help so we can stay on top.

Bailey Frost: We have the same head coach and she is very nice and works very hard to train us. We have a new assistant coach that we are still getting used to.

Ruzius: The coaching is amazing, they get to a one on one level and help you with everything.

Expressions: How intense are the practices?

Sydney Frost: The practices aren’t very hard.  We work on a lot of footwork and passing the ball.

Bailey Frost: The practices are intense in the sense that it’s the only way we will get better by working hard every day.

Ruzius: I think the practices need more physical training, so we don’t get tired the last few minutes of the half.

Expressions: What do you look forward to about this season?

Sydney Frost: The new team and seeing what we can do with all the athletes we have this year.

Bailey Frost: Trying to win CIF with the seniors on the team that has taught us so much.

Ruziuz: I look forward to trying my hardest in the sport that I love.