First Time SLOHS Football Player Isidro Ramirez Gears Up For The Season

As Football season nears, Expressions sought out to interview first time San Luis Obispo High School Football player, junior Isidro Ramirez. We talked with him about spring practice, being a first time player, and expectations for the upcoming season.

Expressions: Firstly, what position are you playing?

Junior Isidro Ramirez: I’m playing as a Defensive & Offensive Lineman

Expressions: What makes you drawn to football? What initially made you think to yourself “I want to join the football team this year.”

Ramirez: Well it really comes down to the players and the head coach Pat Johnston. He’s an outstanding coach from what I’ve heard and experienced this spring so far. And the players are outstanding as well. I truly believe that we can do something special this season and I want to be a part of that.

Expressions: Explain what was going through your head as you were going into spring practice?

Ramirez: I thought to myself, “it’s going to take lots of hard work on the practice field to get where I want to be as a player”, especially since I haven’t played football since I was at AG my freshmen year. Honestly, I regret not joining the football program as soon as I moved here [SLOHS] back in 2014.

Expressions: Have you faced any difficulties that have given you afterthoughts about joining the team?

Ramirez: Fortunately, I haven’t faced any. So far I’m having a blast and looking forward to the season this upcoming fall.

Expressions: What expectations do you have of yourself this season?

Ramirez: I’m expecting myself to be the best player I can be, to contribute to this team, and currently I’m doing whatever it takes to accomplish that.

Expressions: What do you think of the other players? How confident are you in each other to perform well?

Ramirez: I’m getting to know them. There are some players I’ve already known, but for the most part, I’m still trying to remember player’s names. From what I see, the players that have been here before, they want to win, period; because I know they’re sick of losing and it shows how much they want to in in the weight room. I believe that we will be able to win games this season, and that’s what the players deserve.