Stunt is Working Hard This Season to Keep Their Undefeated Title

The SLOHS Stunt team performed well doing pyramids and tosses. Photo courtesy of Stunt coach Jasmine Burns. 

San Luis Obispo High School has been known to have a determined stunt team. They were the CIF champions last year and they are set on keeping that winning streak going.  

“Our season is going very well. We are defending our league and CIF title from last year. We are all working hard to get as many routines as we can and as clean as possible,” said junior Zoe Kelleher. 

Last season was a very memorable year for the stunt team with their big win against Paso Robles High School. Paso had been undefeated for years before the SLOHS Stunt team beat them in a league game, as well as at CIF.

Stunt has been working hard this past month in practice. Their hard work has paid off, with five wins in these past few weeks. 

“The stunt season has been really good so far. We have been working hard, we’re currently undefeated and we’re hoping to keep up the momentum and continue to progress throughout this season,” said junior Maeve Siems. 

This season just started and they’re already heading towards keeping the undefeated title for this year. 

Stunt is strongly team oriented, everyone has to work collaboratively together in order to be the most successful. The SLOHS Stunt team has a strong bond on the mat as well as off the mat. 

Different to cheer; in stunt they compete against other teams in the county, with judges determining which team has the best technique, the cleanest, and strongest routines. The teams compete head to head performing the same routines at the same time to see who does it the best.

To prepare for their big competitions they have to be consistent in perfecting all the routines at practice everyday. The athletes have to have a lot of stamina and coordination to stay in sync with everyone on the mat.

“Stunt is a sport that requires a lot of endurance, the hardest thing about stunt is learning how to push through when you’re tired,” said sophomore Kate McGuire. 

The SLOHS Stunt team is very competitive and determined to showcase all the hard work they put into practice at competitions. So far they’re been very successful and are heading towards an exciting season. 

Let’s support the Stunt team, Tigers!