Track and Field Season Has Begun!

A rainbow over Holt Stadium might signal a CIF pot of gold for the season?.Photo courtesy of the SLOHS Track and Field Instagram account.

Mandatory Track and Field practice has begun at San Luis Obispo High School. Many athletes are excited for this year’s season. The team will be led by off campus new head coach Nicholas Steele for this season.

“I look forward to it at the end of the day,” said sophomore Molly Berkeland.

With this new season comes new faces! In addition to a lot of new freshmen athletes, there are a few new coaches that can’t wait to meet everybody.

“[The coaches] are really nice to everybody and understanding,” said Berkeland.

Practices are currently being held most days after school, 4:00 to 5:30 at the track. Of course, in order to practice, athletes must be cleared.

The first meet of the season is just around the corner as well. On Saturday, February 24, our tiger athletes will show off the work they put in so far this season in the SLO Out of the Blocks meet.

“I’m excited to see so many events and so many athletes do incredible things,“ said freshman Caroline Platt.

For SLOHS students wanting to join in on the fun, come to the track after school ready to run, jump, or throw!