SLOHS Students Puffing Their Way Through High School?

The epidemic of mysterious vape-related illnesses has reached over 1300 reported cases across the nation, and has already taken the lives of 34 people. The topic isconsuming the social world of students at San Luis Obispo High School.

As students move through the generation of “Puffs”, “Juuls”, and “always trying to catch a chrome”, students and people all over the country are compromising their health and success.

“I think vaping is a problem at SLOHS, I think the effects of vaping are bad and people need to be more disciplined and quit. Come on guys, people are dying,” said Senior Grace Gibson.

Many students feel pressure to conform to the vaping trends of High School, but what students really need to understand is the deadly ingredients and chemical changes that occur in the flavored juices injected into their young lungs. 

“I don’t think about it much but I would say that it’s a problem for those who do it. It doesn’t affect me but I think it’s stupid and we should discourage it,” said History teacher Curtis Bartlett. 

Although there are many mixed emotions when it comes to this world-wide issue students and staff at SLOHS can all agree that the health of students and children is the highest priority. 

Source: Vox.com