It Was as Easy as an Ice Cream Sundae for Inhaler

Inhaler is a breath of fresh air for San Luis Obispo High School students, and it’s not just the commonly used breathing treatment for kids with asthma. 

Inhaler is a new band from Dublin, Ireland, composed of members Robert Keating, Ryan McMahon, Josh Jenkinson, and Elijah Hewson. Singer Elijah Hewson is more commonly recognized as Bono’s son – yes, Bono, the famous singer from the band U2. 

“Inhaler is good. I like Eli’s voice. It’s nice and not too high,” said freshman Joey DiCarlo. 

Though the band formed in 2012, they didn’t release their first song until two years ago, and have only released five other songs since then. Among these songs are “I Want You”, “It Won’t Always be Like This”, and “My Honest Face”. 

Still, they were recently set to be signed by Polydor Records, a major rock label. Having Bono associated with the band made Inhaler’s experience in the music industry easier than most – but having a famous dad has its ups and downs. It’s definitely hard for Hewson to be his own person. Hewson’s voice sounds just like young Bono and Inhaler’s music style is similar to U2’s early music. 

“They probably had a much easier time getting into the music business. Bono probably taught him stuff and showed him how to get up there,” said freshman Verissa Westley. 

Having an already-famous dad in the music industry opened a lot of doors for Inhaler. They had easier access to instruments, studio recordings, technology, and quite obviously, a great person to advertise through. 

“I’ve only listened to a few of their songs, but they’re just a really good band with creative music,” said Westley.

Even though Inhaler did have an easier time getting into the music business due to Bono being Hewson’s father, they’re still relatively unknown among high schoolers and much of the United States. 

Click on the link to listen to Inhaler’s most recent song, “Ice Cream Sundae”. https://youtu.be/ijRRdjp_6N0