Home Sweet Home… So What Happens Now?

Exchange students from all over the world came and are still coming to San Luis Obispo High School to experience American life, style, and education system. As their experience ended and they already head back to their home countries, Expressions went out and asked how their experience was and what they are doing back home.

“I am sleeping and working really hard to get money. I am also working at a hotel at home. As well I have a long summer break so that gives me a lot of free time to balance work and friends,” said former foreign exchange student Torstein Boyum Kloven.

Many exchange students go home and do a lot of similar things as SLOHS teens: work, doing college applications, or hang out with friends. While most of the exchange students already arrived in their home country, some still traveling through the United States.

“This summer I am going on a road trip for a month with my family. We are planning on going to San Francisco, Las Vegas, and then be in SLO for the fourth of July. After that I’m going back to Norway to meet my friends and get ready to go back to school,” said former foreign exchange student Aleksander Breiby.

Many exchange students don’t get the opportunity to explore most of the states so while some travel around their home countries many choose to explore more of their new home. America offers many landmarks and places to explore out on your own but also gives exchange students time to show their families the place they had been living for the past year.