Is TV Show “The Office” Still As Popular As Before?

NBC’s mockumentary TV show, “The Office” was a hit on campus at San Luis Obispo High School last year but, is “The Office” still as popular as it was?

“I don’t feel like it is. A lot of people went through that phase where they watched a ton of it and then it just was a little bit like ‘alright, let’s watch something else’.Even though people will say the references, you don’t hear anyone saying, ‘oh yeah, I just binged it’,” said senior Jack Martin.

Multiple references to the show were spotted throughout last year, whether it was people dressing up as characters from the show, or even “Office” themed gifts.

“A friend said he was really interested in ‘The Office’ so I decided to make the stapler in jello for him. It was really successful and made the person laugh,” said junior Elijah Holton.

And so, it seems like SLOHS has gotten over it’s “The Office” craze.

“Because the show stopped airing a while ago, younger kids won’t really watch it as much. I think it’ll be more popular with people who are high school juniors or seniors or are at college age. I think that’s the most popular demographic,” said senior Janea Huber.