Buy, Buy, Buy! says SLOHS Business Club

It’s no secret that the stock market has had a major crash since the few weeks before the start of the coronavirus lockdown around the world. This has left many investors with a lot of questions about what to invest in.

The market is having trouble surviving on multiple fronts because only essential businesses are allowed to stay open, leaving many entertainment, arts, and small businesses by the wayside.

In order to better understand this economic situation, our very own San Luis Obispo High Business Club, president Gregory Thom is here with what his thoughts are on the situation.

“I definitely think that now is a great time to invest in the companies that have been essentially underemployed for the past month. This includes the bigger entertainment companies, arts companies, and pretty much anything that is scheduled to reopen after the consumer market officially reopens across the world. Once it does, you should expect a huge return on your money that you invested,” said Thom.

This advice has been backed up by many expert projections of the market.

One projection by the Motley Fool, a stock advisor website, told investors to buy stocks in the Walt Disney Company. It has consistently survived throughout crises and this one seems to be no different according to them. With their recent release of Disney+, a streaming service home to many of Disney owned entertainment, has thrived during this crisis. They have many completed projects that are ready to be released, and can survive off of this new content for many months. 

The dip that Disney took, due to the loss of income from all Disney theme parks and in person events, will make for great returns for many investors’ portfolios when they eventually bounce back according to the Motley Fool.

“I definitely agree that investing in Disney is a great idea right now, and that goes for all the streaming services; Netflix, Hulu, AMC, HBO, etc.” said Senior Business Club member Greg Armstrong.

“The other streaming services haven’t taken as big of a hit as Disney did with the closure of their parks, that bring in millions upon millions of people.” 

As the market continues to steadily go up, the window to invest and buy the dip is rapidly closing according to many projections.

“I think that people will lose out on the opportunity to get a bigger return if they get nervous and wait too long to invest.” said Thom.

“I highly recommend the students of SLO High get into investing now, while we have a lot of time to think critically about our decisions on the market.”

Source:  www.fool.com