Ways to Destress Before Finals

With finals coming up tomorrow for San Luis Obispo High School students, stress is a real thing to deal with. Here are some ways to destress before finals that most students haven’t heard before.

Number one, don’t over-study. While, studying is a good thing to do, overdoing can be a real problem. Study only what you need to, don’t study everything your friends are studying. You know what you need to learn and only you can know that.

If students study only what you need to know and don’t study at all the night before finals, they can significantly cut down on their stress. In addition, if you study only the subjects for the next day, it also helps. 

“Taking a break between each class that I’m studying for is really important for me. I try to do something I know calms me down. Playing guitar, painting, taking a nap, reading, etc.,” said junior Carmen Silver.

Number two, still have fun. During finals, a lot of people focus on the studying, the grades, and the stress. But, it’s still very important to have fun and take breaks, and to not get too wrapped up in the work and the stress. It is helpful to take breaks and let the information sink in, along with just having fun to relax before your finals. It helps keep you calm and collected.

“Finals week is a stressful, hard, and generally annoying week where the fittest must fight to survive…. You got this!” said sophomore Anne Frederickson.

While studying and working hard for your finals is a good thing and important. It is also important to destress and take care of yourself.