Red, White, and Blue: How SLOHS Students Spend Their Independence Day

Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is the most fun holiday in the United States for some people. Each year, the independence of the U.S. is celebrated by dressing in red, white, and blue, as well as participation in fun activities such as: parades and parties. People in the community will come together as one and have an amazing time with their friends and family.

Students at San Luis Obispo High School find all different types of activities to do on the Fourth of July. Whether it is a good decision or a bad one, teenagers still find a way to make it happen.

“On the Fourth of July I go to a party with my friends, bring some fireworks, and light it up! Being able to spend such a special day with my friends is always my favorite part, aside from the sick fireworks,” said sophomore Sacha Carlson.

“Well.. last year I got arrested with my friend for shoplifting,” said senior Sebastian Ramirez.   

The American flag is proudly flown, and red, white, and blue decorations fill up shops and cars to admire the freedom of our country. Also, fireworks are launched off. Before the Declaration of Independence was signed, John Adams, a previous U.S. president, envisioned fireworks as a part of all the festivities.

The Fourth of July is the holiday when you can have so much fun and enjoy the awesome fireworks late at night, without having to worry about disturbing others. Also, you become closer with your friends, while celebrating an important part of the United States.