Basic Student or Industrialist?: An Interview With Sophia Jackson

San Luis Obispo High School freshman Sophia Jackson may seem like the average student. She has a regular group of friends, goes to class every day, and carries out her day as a normal student. But little do we know, she has been working hard to earn money for her future.

Jackson has been selling her photography for about a year now and has seen a lot of success in doing so.

Expressions: What are some hobbies or things you do after school that prepare you for the future?

Freshman Sophia Jackson: I like to do photography and sell it to people who see it on my Instagram or on my website. I save the money so I can pay to go to college.

Expressions: What made you decide to sell your photography?

Jackson: I usually post my pictures on Instagram and someone DMed me and asked if I would print it out and sell it to them, so I did and I got $50 for a picture of flowers and I made a whole business out of it.

Expressions: Do you constantly get business or does demand go up and down?

Jackson: I always get people who want to buy my pictures. It’s really easy to do, too.

Expressions: What is some advice you would like to give other people who are looking to make extra money?

Jackson: There’s money everywhere. You can sell things online, get a real job, or help someone out. There are so many opportunities to make money and it doesn’t have to be doing something you don’t like.