Reflecting on the Stunt Team’s Season and Their CIF Success

SLOHS Stunt team receiving the second place CIF award Photo courtesy of Jasmine Burns 

Spring sports, along with the San Luis Obispo High School Stunt season, have come to an end. 

The Stunt team competed against other stunt teams in the county. Stunt members have been working their hardest all season to put their all on the mat. 

The Stunt season has been one to remember, with four out of five non-league wins and three out of five league wins.

“We looked the best we ever looked this season at CIF, the last round was really close but we ended up losing by one point in overtime. I’m really proud of what we put out because it was one of our best games all season,” said junior Grace Cleary. 

The Stunt team played great at the CIF tournament in Atascadero High School on Friday and Saturday, May 3 and 4. SLOHS Stunt played St. Joes in the first round, they beat them which qualified them for round two. They then went on to play Arroyo Grande, who they also beat. 

The final round of CIF was played with the SLOHS stunt team going head to head against their rival team, Paso Robles. The game was extremely close, with SLOHS taking the lead. In the last round of routines the two teams tied, sending them into overtime.

A dramatic tiebreaker happened and Paso Robles won with a score of 14-13, making SLOHS place second. 

“I’m proud of us for winning our first two games, I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t win first overall, but I think we put our best on the mat,” said junior Hannah Van Doren. 

The loss to Paso was extremely disappointing for the Stunt team. But they put all their effort into the competition.

“We worked hard and did really well at CIF. Maybe we should have beat Paso but I’m happy with how we played, I’m not very happy with the outcome though,” said sophomore Taryn Weller. 

Even though the SLOHS Stunt team didn’t come in first place at CIF this season athletes are still happy with the turn outs of this season. 

“This past season has gone really well, we were able to get all of our routines and I’ve really enjoyed spending time with the team,” said Van Doren. 

Stunt is still continuing to work hard this week at practice in order to perfect all their routines before State Championships at Clovis this Friday and Saturday. Let’s wish our Stunt Team luck this weekend!