Is Varsity Golf On the Way to Back to Back League Wins?

The Varsity team after playing at SLOCC. Photo Courtesy of Head Coach Wes McKee.

The San Luis Obispo High School Boys Golf team is going strong, winning mountain league. The stats look good, but how are the golfers feeling, and will they keep the lead for the second year in a row?

“I feel pretty good, we just need to keep it that way, the only problem is we have a lot of players that are still struggling with consistency, and we just need to get them all back together,” said senior Chris Camp.

All the Varsity Golfers seem to be pretty confident in the team this season, but consistency is one thing that seems to be holding them back a little.

“I feel really good, we just need to bring it home. We haven’t put together a great score as a team yet, but I know we’re capable of great things, the only thing keeping us from that great score is consistency in all our players,” said sophomore MJ Shepard.

Many people have been wondering; who is the golfer that will lead the team to victory this season? There seems to be a consensus between most of the players, Jackson Stitt.

“I gotta go with Jackson Stitt [leading us], just because of his consistency,” said Camp.

SLOHS Boys Golf has had many great seasons, and it looks like the golfers themselves are feeling pretty confident about the season so far.