Pop Its: The latest fidget toy at SLOHS is growing in popularity

Pop Its are a bubble wrap style fidget toy where users can pop simple dimples in and out of a colorful piece of plastic.

They have become very popular, especially due to Tik Tok, where there are over 2.5 million pop it related videos! 

It’s an endless cycle, because when you finish popping one side, you can flip it over and immediately start popping the other. 

“I love playing with pop its because they are so fun! They also can add spice to literally any class,” said freshman Tamar Roide. 

Sensory toys have been known to help and have been used for years, dating back to the 1970s. 

They have also been used by healthcare professionals as a way of helping children who have anxiety or ADHD.

The Pop It isn’t the first fidget toy to become a must have. In 2016, millions of fidget spinners, a flat toy that consists of metal or plastic designed to spin around an axis were sold. 

Fidget toys have also become somewhat controversial, as many schools have banned them from campuses because they can be too distracting. 

“Pop Its are the best. They help me destress while I write an essay. If you don’t have a pop it already, you should definitely get one,” said freshman Junior Moctezuma. 

Believe it or not you can get the world’s largest Pop It on Amazon with 1048 pops! 

Pop Its come in many fun colors, shapes and sizes. They also have pop culture references, such as the “Among Us” Pop Its from the popular video game. There have also references from the popular Korean show “Squid Games”, where people make dalgona candy Pop Its.  

“My favorite Pop It is the ‘Among Us’ Rainbow Pop It. It is so fun and iconic,“ said freshman June Hagwood. 

The giant version is currently available online, starting at $131.99.

Source: BBC