When are SLOHS students returning to the new normal?: Concert Edition

The music loving lives of San Luis Obispo High School students, along with the rest of the world, have been put on hold due to COVID-19.

When can we get back to a sense of normalcy in public concert going?

“The Growlers concert was going to be at The Fremont theatre on the Monday right after everything closed. I believe it’s postponed to sometime in December but it will probably be pushed further,” said senior Jayda Monreal.

With WHO and CDC guidelines in place to limit the spread of COVID-19, events in the concert industry have been rescheduled to at least late 202o, while others are just canceled altogether.

“I was going to see Harry Styles in concert on August 27 in Sacramento, California. It’s postponed to August 23 of next year at the same venue,” said senior Maggi Zuniga.

In various parts of the country, there are some live performances returning in a socially distanced format. They separate the groups into sections outside, appropriately spaced apart, still with limited capacity.

“Riley Wilkerson and I were going to go to a Billie Eilish concert on her “When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go? Tour in Los Angeles at The Forum. I’m not sure when it’s postponed to yet,” said senior Maddy Baird.

While we continue to remain in the COVID-19 quarantine lifestyle, make sure to stay safe, wear your mask, and listen to your favorite artists at home!

Source: https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/covid-19-concert-cancellation-tracking/