How Do People Feel About The Senior Contract?

Each year, a small number of students at San Luis Obispo High School will get caught up in a few different types of trouble. As a result of their actions, one of the worst punishments for seniors is not being able to walk at graduation.

The last fifty days of school, all seniors sign a Senior Contract. The contract states that each twelfth grader is expected to follow all school rules and laws outside of school. If they don’t, they could lose senior privileges, such as prom, senior picnic, or even graduation.

“Depending on the offense and situation, it is possible for a student to not walk during graduation, but they can still graduate from SLOHS, which doesn’t mean it is ok to perform any of the actions that go against the contract,” said assistant principal Jessica Miller.

Although, if the student performs an expellable action, they may be expelled.   

“I knew about it, but I didn’t really care about it,” said senior Sasha Cederberg.

Furthermore, senior year is the most stressful time for students who are becoming young adults. It is the time to make the best decisions one can make so they can have the full high school experience and go into college with good memories of high school.