NFL Playoffs In Full Swing

With the start of the New Year, the NFL playoffs have just begun, and students at San Luis Obispo High School are getting a postseason fever. This past weekend, we saw the first round, with four exhilarating matchups and multiple seasons on the line. While the teams are all under a lot of pressure with the format of one loss and they are out, so are the fans.

“I’m nervous, but hopeful for Brees [New Orleans Saints Quarterback] and the Saints to perform well this year, and hopefully go to the Super Bowl,” said Saints fan and freshman Blayke Perry.

Brees and the Saints have clinched the number one seed in the NFC division, and play the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday.

“I was heartbroken when I bet fifty dollars on the Chicago Bears, only for them to lose on a missed field goal. That really cost me,” said junior Kerbin Cruz.

Cruz’s team, the Bears, suffered a terrible loss to the Eagles this past Sunday, losing 16-15.

While rooting for your favorite team and watching the games may be a tradition for lots of families, SLOHS also has many international students who are just getting in on the playoff festivities.

“It’s really interesting, and it is amazing to me the obsession with football in America. I just moved from Chile, and nobody cares about the NFL there, not even a little,” said freshman Alexander Meade, a student who just recently moved to SLOHS from South America.

The divisional round of the playoffs takes place this weekend, with games commencing on both Saturday and Sunday if you would like to watch.