Incredible Comeback By San Luis Obispo High School’s Football Team

Last Friday night, San Luis Obispo High School’s football team traveled to Templeton High School to get another Ocean League win.

After a brutal start and an early ten point lead for the Templeton Eagles, it started to look dark for the Tigers. While it was 21-38 in the third quarter, the Tigers realized that they had to do something fast to get back in the game.

“When we were down, I knew it would take the whole team coming together to come back and win,” said junior wide receiver Max Soltero.

Soltero had two out of four receiving touchdowns thrown by junior quarterback Emilio Corona.

After some struggling, the team got their head in the game and started to play some true Tiger football. When the last quarter was over, the score had turned. The Tigers had scored 17 points and won the game 42-38.  

“Our team showed great character and perseverance in their ability to come back and win the game. We are so proud of our players,” said head coach Pat Johnston.

“I’m super proud of the way the boys played Friday. That was definitely a game to remember,” said senior varsity cheerleader Erika Belmont.