Slo-Botics Crushes Competition at Cal Poly

Last Saturday, January 30, San Luis Obispo High School’s very own SLO-botics club competed in a VEX robotics competition held at California Polytechnic State University. Expressions got in touch with senior Henry Amir and asked him a few questions about the event.

Expressions: Who are some of the people that participated in this event over the weekend?

Senior Henry Amir: Hadden Wright, Christian Sanchez, Cole Coward and Kaz Bishop.

Expressions: What were the rankings of the competition?

Amir: The winning team is actually a group of three teams who form an alliance, then have to move to the top of the bracket. Austin Romero’s teams from Atascadero ended up winning the tournament.

Expressions: What was the most climactic moment of the competition?

Amir: The most climactic moment was during the final match. Matches last a minute and thirty seconds, but both teams had scored almost every possible point in twenty seconds. The game ended up being really close, and it was really exciting even as as spectator.

Expressions: Do you have anything you want to add?

Amir: If anyone has any interest in computers or technology, they should really join robotics or at least attend a meet. I’ve learned a ton from participating over the past few years. It’s easy to join and there’s really no prior knowledge or experience needed.

View Comments (1)