Six Flags Magic Mountain: Where Great Thrills Await

Can you feel the adrenaline yet? Photo collage courtesy of sophomore Vyolet Burrus.

Many students at San Luis Obispo High School are thrill seekers, and the adrenaline rush from roller coasters creates intense feelings of both joy and fear. While some may be terrified of speedy rides or hundred-foot drops, other students relish in the exhilaration.

“I love rollercoasters, especially ones that have big drops. I like the excitement and like to try new things so rollercoasters are always fun to me,” said sophomore Selene Ramirez.

Disneyland is the most popular amusement park and is known as the happiest place on Earth, but for many it can be lacking in excitement. Six Flags, on the other hand, has over twenty roller coasters that will have its guests electrified with triumph and terror. 

“Six Flags is better than most other amusement parks because it has rides that are more enjoyable for those that like big rides. The park also has water slides which are enjoyable in the summertime,” said Ramirez.

Good roller coasters will create a feeling of strong suspense and a gut wrenching sensation, before the rider is able to relish in the fact that they have conquered their feelings of fear, resulting in a rush of excitement. 

For students looking to expand their horizons, overcome their fears, or experience that rush of adrenaline, roller coasters could be deeply satisfying, and Six Flags is a great place to do so.

“Everyone should go to an amusement park once whether it’s for the food, the rides or just hanging out with friends. It’s overall usually an amazing experience and there is something for everyone to enjoy,” said sophomore Abigail Wren.

Get out of your comfort zone and try something exciting, Tigers!

Source: sixflags.com