SLO City’s Annual Holiday Parade was a hit

Crowds gathered around dozens of fun floats. Photo courtesy of junior Erika Spargo.

The 46th annual Downtown SLO Holiday Parade was held on December 2, 2022 with over 70 decorated floats, marching bands, dancers, and more! This beloved Central Coast tradition was attended by many, who lined the street to view, including San Luis Obispo High School students. 

“I really enjoyed the holiday parade. It was definitely really cold and lightly sprinkling and the parking situation was not fun at all, but other than that, it was so nice seeing the parade, because it’s been around for so long and it’s just an awesome tradition that SLO has,” said junior Parker McCarty. 

Many students also enjoyed the parade despite the temperature being in the low 50s and light rain throughout the parade. 

Standout SLOHS group participants included the Theater program and the FFA classes.

“I thought it was really fun! I loved seeing all the floats, and it was interesting to see people from our own school dancing and having fun on floats. I highly recommend going to the holiday parade to anyone who hasn’t had the chance to experience it yet,” said junior Ainsley Stephens.

For those who hoped to attend the parade but were unable to, this is a yearly event that happens rain or shine, so be sure to go next year!