SLOHS is Preparing for College Decision Day on May 1

The bare windows of the new Wellness Center are going to have a lot of signatures next week.  Photo courtesy of freshman Bee Belicki.

May 1 is officially College Decision Day for San Luis Obispo High School seniors. 

College Decision Day is when seniors can write down the college they are attending, and the Wellness Center windows will be covered in names. Many seniors are already college-committed. 

“On May 1, a senior can wear their college t-shirt or sweatshirt. At the Wellness Center, on the windows there, students are gonna be writing their name and where [they’re] going to school,” said College and Career Specialist Colleen Martin. 

College decision day is an opportunity for seniors to leave a mark for the school they’re committed to, and to tell other people which college they’re attending.

A lot of SLOHS seniors are stressed about graduation coming up and then attending college later this year. This one day presents an opportunity to relax and reflect on the work done up to this point.

“There’s definitely a lot of pressure to decide what college you want to go to, especially with having to enroll in housing.” said senior Delilah Viayra.

Housing is only one of the many things that SLOHS seniors are worried about. There are a lot of issues that are worrying SLOHS seniors.

“I’m not yet committed, I’m excited for the next experience, but kind of terrifying,” said senior Emily Nicoletti. 

Despite all the stress, seniors are also excited about the new part of their life.

“I’m nervous for college but I’m really excited, I’m not going very far. But I’m really excited to live in the dorms,” said senior Calista Bryan. 

Even staying in a state and going somewhere close to home can be extremely stressful.

“I’m committed to Cal Poly. With graduation coming up soon I’ve been worried I’m going to fall on stage,” said senior Audrey Drenckpohl.

Graduation is a huge event, and something that all high schoolers look forward to. It is coming up very quickly. 

Make sure to attend College decision day to write your name and college down along with the rest of your classmates.