SLOHS Remembers Junior Isaly Resendiz Tabares

Photo courtesy of SLOHS yearbook.

Last week one of San Luis Obispo High School’s students, Isaly Resendiz Tabares, passed away after experiencing significant injuries in a car crash. Isaly was a loved, giving person, someone so dear to the people lucky enough to know her. She was in 11th grade. Please keep Isaly, Isaly’s family, and her friends in your thoughts. It is such a devastating thing to lose a child, a sister, a granddaughter, a student, a friend.

“She was just a person who would walk in the halls and she would always say, ‘Hi.’ You would say, ‘Hi,’ back. We usually talked about school; most of the time she was so into school. She was focused here, you know, and we were just talking about school. We were talking about finals, actually about a second trimester class we had together, history with Mr. Brandow. We were talking about how we were scared of looking at our final grades; we laughed about it. She had told me about everything and you know, she was just a kind person.” -Junior Virginia Santana

“She was one of the sweetest people ever. When you first met her, she was super shy. But the second you got to know her, she was one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet. She was so funny, especially in my math classes. She’d always be there for you, even if you weren’t that close, which was so cool. She could always tell if something’s up, which is so amazing.” -Junior Lucy Mendoza

“Freshman year, I remember she would always tell me something that I would tease her about. Well not tease her, but I would tell her, ‘I hate these boys like the school class clowns.’ I would be so frustrated. And she would always tell me, ‘Well, they’re distracting. They’re entertaining.’ And I would always have an argument about it like, ‘No, it’s not a class clown.’ She was just a wonderful person. She would always bring joy. She was shy, but once you interacted with her, it was different. I would always see her after school.” -Junior Virginia Santana

“Isaly wasn’t just a friend to everyone, but a protector. She would give you the shirt off her back if you were cold or give you some, if not all of her lunch, expecting nothing in return. Her kindness was selfless and what made her stand out above everyone else. Her art always had passion and love in it like her little mugs and trinkets she made in ceramics class. All the little animals and scenery was remarkable. The level of detail she put into her art and all her friendships is what made her the best friend anyone could ever ask for!” -Junior Kiara Edwards Lopez

Expressions keeps Isaly, her family,and friends in their thoughts and prayers. Isaly’s family will be planning a service at some point in the near future. Stay tuned for new information regarding this, and be respectful of Isaly’s family and friends in this difficult time.