What’s going on in the SLOHS marketplace tonight?

Photo courtesy of English teacher Scott Nairne. 

San Luis Obispo High School loves to showcase the skills and talents of its students, and the SLOHS Marketplace is doing just that. The Marketplace is holding an event on March 3, near the five-hundreds building directly behind the theater.

The event will take place from 5-8 p.m, and admission is free.

“We’re really excited because we’re going to have our house band Georgey performing and they are actually working with a new band called Nuke the Fridge, who are going to open. They’ll play a few songs and then Georgey’s gonna come on,” said digital design and film production teacher Zachary Roper. 

Georgey has previously performed at the Marketplace, however this is the first time Nuke the Fridge joins the stage. 

“Come to the Marketplace because it will be an enjoyable experience. There will be lots of fun things to do and you can listen to music and like, chill. We’re [Nuke the Fridge] going to be playing music at the Marketplace,” said Nuke the Fridge member and sophomore Daniel Zamora.

Musical performances aren’t all the Marketplace is dishing out. Along with shows from Georgey and Nuke the Fridge, there will be food and films made by SLOHS students. 

“We’re also going to have a ton of food from the culinary arts students. They’ve been designing food trucks so they came up with menus, they created all the food and the advanced graphic design kids are designing the logos and graphics and menus for those businesses as well, you’ll be able to see these examples of what the food trucks would look like and get to try some really good food. At about six o’clock we’re gonna be in the big theater and the digital film students will be showing their final films which they’ve been working on all trimester. We’ve got 13 films ranging anywhere from six to ten minutes long, and we’re really proud of how they turned out,” said Roper. 

Come to the Marketplace to have fun and enjoy all of the hard work that students have done to make this experience happen!