Halloween senior review: Blast or Bust?

Photo courtesy of senior Opinion Editor Eden Lerner.

As the passing of the spooky season looms over students at San Luis Obispo Highschool, teens around the U.S. had been waiting for this Halloween for over two years.

The past Halloween was practically forgotten due to the midst of COVID-19 lockdowns. So this year, teens needed, and deserved, the most spooky Halloween yet. However, did it meet your expectations?

Three seniors at SLOHS had some thoughts on their Halloween experience this year. Senior Scout Carr, who dressed as not just a pirate, but also a doll.

“My halloweekend was super fun! I got to dress up and be with friends Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I hoped to have a fun Halloween this year since we didn’t really get to have one last year. I’ve only really celebrated Halloween on the 31st, but this was one of the first years that I celebrated all weekend and it definitely met my expectations,” said Carr.

The possibility to celebrate all weekend seemed to be accessible to so many SLOHS students this year, Scout was one of those students who embraced that opportunity! Three different costumes for three days of “Halloweekend”!

Senior Alex Bolster-White loved his Halloween weekend.

“Halloween was dope, I dressed up as a hot dog. It was definitely different from Halloween 2020 and I’m glad we all got the chance to celebrate with fewer restrictions. It was cool to do things all weekend and have the next day off, definitely a time to remember,” said Bolser-White.

Alex was a hot dog. Nothing more to add. 

Last but not least, senior Isaiah Reynolds, who dressed as a Rockstar, celebrated not just for this year but for past years he may have missed.

“Halloween was extremely fun this year. As someone who wasn’t able to celebrate Halloween a lot growing up, I had a great time dressing up all weekend and doing all kinds of things with my friends,” said Reynolds.

Halloween this year was one of the most memorable experiences for not just SLOHS students, but seniors in particular. This is the last Halloween in San Luis Obispo for many seniors, I’m sure they are glad that it was everything they craved it to be.