What’s the craze behind the new Amazon sun lamp?

Photo courtesy of junior Emmersen Hill.

Lamps, a topic not many San Luis Obispo High School students are interested in. That was until a new halo lamp from Amazon came out. This halo lamp projects a sun-like circle onto a bedroom wall. The lamp creates a yellow, orange, and red faded circle on a wall, making your wall look like a sunset. 

Expressions went to find students’ thoughts and opinions on this new lamp.

“I like the lamp, I mean it’s really pretty and I like the colors. If I’m being completely honest, it wasn’t worth spending forty dollars on. It’s not like any lamp I’ve ever had before, which is nice, and it’s also not super bright so I can just keep it on and not have to have my real lights on. Overall, if you want to spend forty dollars on an orange lamp then go for it,” said junior Emmersen Hill.

The Amazon sun lamp comes in different colors; some of which are Sunset Red, Sunset, Rainbow, and Sun. The lamp ranges from a bright fade from blue to pink to a deep red to yellow. The lamp can be adjusted to any angle, and can rotate ninety degrees. 

“I haven’t actually seen the sun lamp in person but I have a couple friends who have them and they said that the lamps were cool for about two days and then they became a nuisance. They’re kind of saying that they’re kind of ugly, the actual lamp is ugly but the lights are pretty, so it’s hard to hide the lamp but still have the light. Also the price seems really crazy for a lamp, even if it is a super cool sun lamp,” said junior Eden Lerner.

The lamp is described as having “soft light [that] is not dazzling, and it is suitable for lighting in various spaces. This unique and incomparable projection lamp focuses on providing a more comfortable natural light to all and sundry.”

So, if you’re looking for a pretty lamp and willing to spend the whopping forty dollars, check out the Amazon sun lamp.

Source: amazon.com