The New “Mario” Movie Trailer Was Worse Than I Expected

A recreation of the classic trailer preview in cinemas. Photo courtesy of reporter Leonardo DeTurris.

Just recently, the first trailer for the upcoming “Mario” movie with Chris Pratt was released. It didn’t live up to my expectations, even when they weren’t high in the first place.

From the trailer, I can easily say that this movie will likely be another Illumination movie that is cast to the wayside and quickly forgotten, much like “The Secret Life of Pets 2.”

It’s unbelievable that the movie has reached fifth in popularity on IMDb.com, and it only seems to be gaining popularity as more and more people jump onto its bandwagon. 

The movie won’t be good, and I can say that with almost pure confidence. The trailer is an evident example of how bad the movie is, and hearing actor Chris Pratt as Mario is almost like a punch in the gut. Unless the movie pulls a “Sonic the Hedgehog” and completely redos the design of Mario, then there’s no way I’ll be able to sit through it when it releases in April.

This isn’t the first time I’ve felt this way. It seems with every new Illumination movie they pack in a celebrity cast to boost excitement and stir up fake enthusiasm only to rake it in at the box office on a movie that took near no effort and money.

Some however, could praise the change Illumination is making. Up to this movie Illumination has had only three franchises, “Despicable Me”, “The Secret Life of Pets”, and “Sing”. So some are praising Illumination for trying something new, but that’s like rewarding your pet for not puking on the floor. Illumination should not be gaining praise for doing the status-quo. 

I highly recommend you don’t go see the Mario movie when it comes out. Don’t waste your time watching the garbage that Illumination spews out. They know how to get you excited for a movie you won’t enjoy when you see it, so don’t fall for it.

Source: Imdb.com

View Comments (1)