Where are these SLOHS students traveling this summer?

Photo courtesy of 2022 SLOHS graduate Riley Wilkerson.

During the summer, San Luis Obispo High School students use the three month break to travel around the world and explore the unique sights outside of SLO. 

“This summer, I am going to Costa Rica for a week. I am very excited to be able to get out of the country and experience a new culture before I come back and start college,” said 2022 SLOHS graduate Dylan Hall. 

Along with traveling to other states in the nation, many students will be crossing international borders for the first time since the COVID lockdowns. 

“I am traveling to Japan this summer. I will be there mainly to visit my grandparents who we haven’t seen since COVID. I am also very excited because I haven’t left the summer in a while,” said 2022 SLOHS graduate Owen Spargo. 

Other students are using the summer break to have one last adventure with their friends before everyone goes their separate ways.  

“For my graduation trip, I will be going to Sayulita, Mexico with a group of my friends. I am really excited to go somewhere tropical and have one last big trip with my friends before we all go to college,” said 2022 SLOHS graduate Grace Byde. 

Expressions also asked students what their dream destination would be if they got the ability to travel anywhere. 

“I would go to New Zealand because I’ve never been anywhere in Oceania and it’s very different from anywhere else I’ve traveled. It’s much more natural and less industrial than other parts of the world,” said Spargo. 

“I would like to go to Portugal because it’s a really beautiful place with a vibrant culture. I think it would be a sick place to visit,” said Hall.

Good luck to all Tigers as they attempt to cross things off their traveling bucket list.