The Day is Today: Forgot it in third, Turn in Your Course Registrations NOW!

Photo courtesy of sophomore and reporter Siena Boscaro. 

Students at San Luis Obispo High School are notoriously competitive in their class selection. Considering the fact that there are over twenty Advanced Placement (AP) and nine Honors courses to choose from, students may never run out of options. 

But, procrastinating on this can prevent students from getting the classes they want, and potentially need to graduate. 

If students fail to turn in their course requests on Aeries and on the course sheet handed to them in their third period, then their course will be selected for them by the counselors. That’s why it’s so important to turn these slips in. 

Students need to select 15 classes and four alternates, in case of popularity among electives, which is quite common. For example, ceramics are usually full relatively quickly and it can take years to be placed in that class. 

Students need a certain amount of credits in specific categories to graduate and if they don’t select their courses, those specific credits won’t get filled and they can’t graduate.

While you can change your classes next year, there can be critical assignments that you miss. Lots of teachers reach out to the students who put that class on their list and assign summer assignments due on the first day. Starting these classes without having completed the summer assignment already puts students behind. 

With all this being said, it’s so important for students to fill this out and get the parent signature required for submission. Counselors don’t want to pick for you, they want YOU to have the classes you enjoy to ensure the best high school experience possible. 

For more information, email your counselor or check out the SLOHS Counseling Website linked on the main SLOHS website.