Tigers, get ready for Winter Formal on February 12!

Photo courtesy of the SLOHS ASB instagram account

San Luis Obispo students are getting hyped up for Winter Formal. However, COVID-19 has students asking questions about the details.

The dance has been tentatively scheduled for February 12 from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. It will take place outside here at SLOHS. 

All students who plan to attend need to take a rapid test on either February 11 or February 12, regardless of vaccination status. 

“Students will have to sign up for an appointment time and come to a location on campus and test.  The other regulations are the same as school…indoors, students must wear a mask.  Outside it is recommended to wear a mask, but not mandatory,” said ASB advisor Jim Johnson. 

Ticket sales start on January 31 and will be sold for two weeks. Tickets are priced at $15 without an ASB card and $10 with. Tickets will not be sold on Friday or Saturday before the dance, nor will they be sold at the door. 

ASB has advised students to anticipate colder temperatures so dress appropriately!

“This Winter Formal, we are trying something new, we have requested song suggestions from students and we are using student DJ’s. Also, we are having a “warming hut”, where students can get out of the cold and play board games, card games and maybe video games (if we can figure out how to do it and have enough time to set it up).  Other than that there will be free hot chocolate, snacks and free photos at the photo booth,” said Johnson.

Get hyped for WOFO,Tigers!