Time for a quick 2021 SLOHS review

Addison J Woods

Photo courtesy of freshman Addi Woods. 

Congratulations! San Luis Obispo High School students have almost gotten through the year. Some pretty significant things happened in 2021: COVID-19 vaccines were administered, Joe Biden was inaugurated, Kamala Harris became the first female and black vice-president of the United States, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics took place in the summer, and many more considerable events.

Some of these events are significant to certain people, but SLOHS students have their own significant events from their lives in 2021.

Expressions interviewed SLOHS students about their favorite memories from this year.

Freshman Liza Flushman: My favorite memory was my third period math class when we would finish early and we’d play around and talk. The teacher was really chill, I love Mr. Johnson.

Many students at SLOHS met their new favorite teachers this school year. Each student had at least ten different teachers because of the trimester change in December. 

Sophomore Lucy Shrubb: When we didn’t have to go to fifth period because of the threat.

SLOHS experienced a bomb threat on September 10 and students were evacuated during their fourth period class. Students stayed with their fourth period until the end of the school day. Authorities searched campus for a bomb but nothing was found and the call was traced out of state. 

Sophomore Sam Whitehead: My favorite memory this year was eating lunch with my friends.

Expressions hopes that all of the SLOHS students had some memorable moments in 2021 and that there are more fun memories on the way in 2022.