Here’s the upcoming Movies That SLOHS Students and Staff Should See!

Photo courtesy of The Movie Experience SLO Instagram. 

After movie theaters were closed for more than a year, San Luis Obispo High School students missed the movie experience: some popcorn, some candy, and a recliner seat. Now, they’re trying to make up for lost time. 

Luckily, many anticipated movies are coming out in the next couple of months. 

“I really missed going to the movies and I’m so glad that I can now go downtown and see a movie with my friends,” said freshman Alani Kiaha. 

“Ghostbusters: Afterlife” will be shown in theaters starting on November 19. This movie will be the fourth in the “Ghostbustesr” series. It will star Finn Wolfhard, Paul Rudd, McKenna Grace, Bill Murray, and Dan Aykroyd. The film is about a single mother and her two kids moving to a new town where they find a connection to the Ghosbtusters and their grandfather’s legacy. 

“I love the ‘Ghostbusters’ movies and I’m so excited to see the next one,” said junior Adam Frederick. 

On November 24, “House of Gucci” will be released. The movie will star Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek, and Al Pacino. Lady Gaga’s character starts from humble beginnings and marries Adam Driver’s character, an heir to the Gucci family. She starts to unravel the family legacy and triggers a reckless spiral of revenge, betrayal, and even murder. The movie is a crime/drama and is rated R. 

“Don’t Look Up” will be released on December 10. It is a comedy/disaster rated R. The movie features Leonardo DiCaprio, Timothée Chalamet, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Evans, Lance Norris, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Kid Cudi, Matthew Perry, and many more beloved actors. It’s about two astronomers going on a tour to warn mankind about an approaching comet that will destroy Earth. 

A few more release dates to look forward to are:

December 3: “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” (on Disney+)

December 17: “Spider-Man: No Way Home”

December 22: “The Matrix 4”

December 22: “Sing 2”

Be sure to mark your calendar, buy a ticket, grab some popcorn, and make your way to the movie theater to see one of these movies. 

Source: Google.com