What is the SLOHS student Opinion on Netflix show “You?”

Photo courtesy of Netflix

In 2018, San Luis Obispo High School students became obsessed with the Netflix thriller TV show, “You.”

The Netflix hit follows a bookstore manager’s obsession with a young aspiring writer. With the sociopathic tendencies of Joe, this obsession becomes something much more dangerous.

Netflix has just dropped the third season of this addicting show, meaning that everyone is getting obsessed again. With this season starring Penn Badgley and Victoria Pedretti, “You” has gained the interest of many SLOHS.

“I really enjoyed this season, especially with the development of Joe and Love not really being a couple, but rather a team of sadistic sociopaths. I was hoping for that aspect as soon as I finished watching season two and I was really glad the writers went with it. I also really enjoyed the background on Joe’s character and his childhood. It’s interesting to see how his motivations are intertwined with his past. The new characters are great and I love the whole mommy blogger niche of influencers being made fun of,” said senior Sofi Shaw. 

While SLOHS students can only hope for a fourth season of “You,” the ending of season three was not the idea some had in mind.

“Honestly, the ending of the show kind of made me sad. I’m not going to spoil it for anyone who is looking forward to watching it, but it made me disappointed. I was just kind of shocked and wished that it could’ve ended in a different way,” said junior Jordan Vaskov.

If you’re someone looking for a thriller TV show with a killer ending, make sure to check out “You” on Netflix, streaming now.