SLOHS Student’s Film to Be Featured at San Luis Obispo International Film Festival – Join the Fun from April 25-30!

Lots of great movies coming to SLO! Image Courtesy of San Luis Obispo International Film Festival

The San Luis Obispo International Film Festival is starting today! Students at San Luis Obispo High School should go! The festival, which will take place from April 25-30, 2023, is one of the coolest events of the year and draws film makers and watchers from all over SLO County, California, and the world.

The festival will showcase a wide variety of films, ranging from documentaries to feature-length films, from local and international filmmakers. The festival provides a platform for filmmakers to share their stories and connect with audiences from all walks of life.

Senior Coleman Howe is a student at SLOHS who’s film “Lost / A Backyard Adventure” being shown on Sunday.

“I made this film in Mr. Ropers capstone film production class. I’m super excited, all the information about tickets and stuff is on the website. I’m also super excited for the surf night,” said Senior Coleman Howe.

In addition to film screenings, the festival will also feature Q&A sessions with filmmakers, workshops, and special events. Attendees can expect to meet and interact with filmmakers, actors, and industry professionals from around the world.

The San Luis Obispo International Film Festival is a wonderful opportunity for film enthusiasts and anyone interested in the art of storytelling to engage with filmmakers and learn about the world through the lens of cinema. So mark your calendars and get ready to enjoy six days of incredible films and unforgettable experiences!

Students can visit slofilmfest.org for more information!