The Fifty-Day Countdown begins: SLOHS Seniors Final Events

Seniors, turn in the senior contract at the front office, the ASB office, or during the senior dinner tonight. Photo courtesy of senior Olivia Cusick. 

For San Luis Obispo High School seniors, graduation is just around the corner. Not only do seniors get the excitement of graduating, but there are also several other fun opportunities to say goodbye to high school.

“At the end of the day, I just love to be around my friends. It’s a bummer to leave behind the people you’ve known for six years, or since elementary school. It’s a nice way to say goodbye,” said senior Leonardo Zimmerman.

While prom and graduation are probably the most anticipated parts of senior year, SLOHS gives seniors plenty of other final traditions. 

April 24, 2023 – Seniors’ graduation contracts are due. Seniors are also invited to attend the fifty-day dinner, to experience the new student commons. 

May 1, 2023 – National College Decision Day. Seniors are encouraged to wear merchandise from the school that has committed to. Seniors are also allowed to sign the senior wall, expressing which school they will attend next year. 

May 13, 2023 – Prom. SLOHS’s 2023 prom will be held at the Fremont Theatre again. Prom passes will be due by May 10. 

May 23, 2023 – Senior recognition assembly. Seniors are honored for their accomplishments throughout high school, including athletics, CTE pathway completers, and academics. 8th graders will visit from Laguna Middle School. 

June 2, 2023, and June 5, 2023 – Senior Finals. Seniors take their finals a few days before the rest of the students, so they can attend the senior picnic and graduation rehearsal. 

June 7, 2023 – Senior Picnic. The senior picnic will be held at Cuesta Canyon Park. 

June 8, 2023 – Commencement rehearsal. Seniors will learn more about the graduation ceremony and practice the schedule to ensure the real graduation goes smoothly. 

June 8, 2023 – Senior Showcase. The senior showcase is a chance for seniors to have fun, as well as show off any talents or skills they want their classmates to remember. 

June 9, 2023 – Graduation. Seniors will officially celebrate their graduation from San Luis Obispo High School.

June 9, 2023 – Grad Night. Grad night is an annual party following graduation, to encourage students to stay off the roads, and drive safely, as graduation is one of the most dangerous nights for teenagers to drive. 

“I’m just happy I got to share this experience with the people I did and make good memories with them. [I’m going to some of the events because] senior dinner is free food, and prom is a guaranteed good experience,” said senior Victor Manzano. 

Enjoy these last fifty days, seniors!