Weekly Sports Update: Our Teams are Putting in The Work and Doing Great

The SLOHS practice field is where our teams hone their skills. Photo courtesy of senior Levi Woffinden.

Our San Luis Obispo High School winter sports teams are putting in the work and getting some Tiger DUBS! Expressions has brought all the news to you! Check back every Saturday for live updates.

In other news, the portables are planned to be replaced with sand volleyball courts, more info soon to come!

Boys and Girls Soccer

The Girl’s Soccer team has been very successful in their season so far with a record of 10-2-1. They faced off against their rivals, Arroyo Grande, on Tuesday, January 9 at home. The girls dominated with a shutout of 2-0. Junior Addison Crosno and sophomore Holland Oetman both scored in the second half. The team also traveled to Righetti on Friday, January 12 (score pending). Be sure to wish the girls luck before their next game vs St. Joseph this Friday, January 19! – junior Addi Woods

Boy’s Soccer has been playing very well, with a record of 8-2, ranked 1st in the mountain league, winning their last game 1-0 against Santa Maria, with their next game being on Friday against Arroyo Grande at home, and then another game against Pioneer Valley on Tuesday, January 16th. – freshman Porter Hales

Boys and Girls Basketball

The Girl’s Basketball team has had a decent score so far 10-8. Their most recent game was against Santa Maria at home and lost by two points 49-51 in a close game. Nice try girls! The next game is against Mission with a record of 7-7 at home at 6:30 p.m. Wish them all the best!

The boy’s basketball team just lost pretty badly to AG on the 9th. They lost 36-60, but other than that they are doing decent with a record of 10-9. Their next game is Mission College Prep on January 16th at 6:30 p.m. – senior Olin Fow

Wrestling

The Boys and Girls Wrestling teams have done very well at their competitions this winter. Their last game was on Wednesday, January 10 where they traveled to Santa Ynez to compete, and the match went very well for the Tigers. Today the Boys Varsity Wrestling team will continue their two-day meet at Fountain Valley High School while the Boys JV team will compete at Santa Ynez High School for a two-day invitational meet. These Tigers are fierce competition for the other high schools, and they have many matches ahead that will bring the team victory. – sophomore Vyolet Burrus