Countdown to the Golden Globes: Hollywood’s Finest Gear Up for a Night of Elegance and Entertainment

The Golden Globes are almost here! Photo courtesy of variety.com

The 2024 Golden Globes Awards will go live on January 6 and should be very entertaining. Hosted by TV network CBS, the Golden Globes is an event in which the best movies and actors get recognition. Many different awards go to many people. 

To give an inside look at this year’s Golden Globes, Expressions interviewed San Luis Obispo High School students.

“I have watched the Golden Globes Awards. I enjoyed it a lot. I am excited to watch it on the sixth [of January]. I would recommend other people to watch this,” said sophomore Cameron Kienow. 

Kienow is excited to watch this year’s Golden Globes, and he recommends other students to watch it as well.

Last year a total of 6.3 million Americans watched the Golden Globes ceremony. This proves that this event is very popular, and many people will watch it. Despite this, there are students here at SLOHS who have never even heard about it. 

“No, I have not [watched them.] I don’t know what they are,” said freshman Alec Hill.

While some have never watched the Golden Globes, and maybe never heard of them, they may want to watch them this year.

“I would be interested to see the process of what the stars are doing behind the scenes,” said Hill.

Tigers, definitely give watching the Golden Globes a try this year, it’ll be a great event!

Source: statista.com