Everything you need to know about recording artist Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour 

Artist Taylor Swift’s tour announcement and the war for tickets on Ticketmaster. Photo collage courtesy of People & Culture editor Addi Woods. 

San Luis Obispo High School “Swifties” have been anticipating singer-songwriter Taylor Swift’s next tour since her last tour was in 2018. Since then, Swift has released six more albums, including two re-recordings. 

On November 1, Swift announced on her Instagram that she was going on tour called “The Eras Tour, a journey though the musical eras of my career (past and present!)” Her fans were very excited but many have described it as a “war”. 

“It was really stressful for my friends and I to get tickets. We had to make a whole plan with our parents to get them, because we were all in school when the sale launched. We were all stressed the whole school day, but I was super happy to eventually get tickets. However, the tickets were pretty expensive because of the Ticketmaster pricing, and I really feel bad for my friends who didn’t get tickets because they sold out so fast. We just happened to be some of the lucky ones. Even with all the chaos, I’m super excited to go see her in the summer, and I hope everyone who wants to gets a chance to go,” said sophomore Holly Speake. 

Select verified fans were sent a presale code to buy tickets on November 15 but many were unable to get tickets. A second presale was on November 16 for Capital One card holders and season pass holders to the venue. 

“I didn’t get a presale code so I don’t think I’m going to be able to get tickets. Ticketmaster said they had an ‘unprecedented demand’ for tickets but I think they knew that there was going to be a high demand,” said junior Ainsley Stephens.   

Sale for the public was supposed to be on November 18 at 10 a.m. but Ticketmaster announced on November 17 that the public tickets sale has been canceled due to “high demand” and “insufficient inventory”. 

“I was really hoping to get tickets and I’m really bummed that I probably won’t be able to unless I pay for overpriced resale tickets,” said junior Maggie McKay. 

Hopefully everyone that wants to go is able to get tickets somehow. For the lucky people that were able to get tickets, the anticipation for Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour begins!

Source: Boston.com