SLOHS Homecoming Game is this Friday!

A loving hug at the first game of the season. Photo courtesy of Tribune reporter David Middlecamp.

For many students at San Luis Obispo High School, homecoming is one of the most exciting parts of the first trimester. Homecoming week consists of dress up days, a school dance, and a big football game. 

Without a football field, the homecoming football game last year did not happen. Now, students are excited to get back to the stands and watch one of their favorite games of the year.

“We’ve been doing pretty good. We have hit some road blocks, but I feel that we pushed past that, like an actual team. I’m excited for the homecoming game” said senior and a captain of the SLOHS football team Eli Smiley Rooney.

On September 30, 2022 SLOHS will go head to head with Santa Maria’s Pioneer Valley. With variety’s current four out of six wins, and the undefeated JV team, SLOHS is on track for another win.

JV’s game will start at four, and Varsity will start at seven.

“I’m going because it’s fun. You get to socialize with people and show off your school spirit” said senior Aiden Mcguire.

As with all the home games this year, Old San Luis BBQ company will be serving hot dogs, tri-tip sandwiches, and pulled pork sandwiches. They will also have their taco truck. Be sure to get food before it sells out, as with the last three home games, employees had completely sold out before eight.m 

Following two years without homecoming games, it’s safe to say that students are excited for the biggest game of the year. 

Source:Sanluisobispo.com