Spanish Class is the Best Language Class at SLOHS

Spanish Class influence can be found inside and outside the classroom. Photo courtesy of junior Karl Karsh.

Students at San Luis Obispo High School are starting the new school year, which means, for most, a new year in a language class. SLOHS offers Spanish, Latin, and American Sign Language. Out of all of these languages, Spanish is the most beneficial class to be in.

“Last year, I finished my final for Pre-AP Spanish. I’ve loved the Spanish program so far at this school. It’s very comprehensive and I’ve learned a lot about how to speak, read, and write. I think it’s very important to learn Spanish, especially in California, where a large part of our population can speak Spanish,” said sophomore Wesley Bartlett. 

Spanish is one of the best languages to learn, especially in California, as 10.4 million people in California speak Spanish. Spanish is an essential language to learn, and the Spanish program at SLOHS is great. This poses the question: why take another language at SLOHS when you can take Spanish?

Sure, ASL can be useful, and the class is a great one to take, but Spanish is usually used more often than ASL is. As for Latin, there are only 2,000 people in the world who speak it fluently. Why learn a dead language?

In all, Spanish is one of the most valuable languages to learn, and SLOHS has an amazing Spanish program, so if a student is interested in learning a language at SLOHS, Spanish would be the best choice.

Source: sfgate.com , speaking-latin.net

.