This friday, SLOHS FFA will be putting on their 13th annual barn bash

Image courtesy of reporter Leanne Leichtfuss

This coming Friday, FFA and the SLO Aggie Backers will be putting on their 13th annual Barn Bash fundraiser.

The event includes a live and silent auction and dinner with live music and is open to those 21 and over. The event will occur from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Friday, May 20, at the Perozzi barn off of Orcutt road in SLO. 

All proceeds of the event go to the FFA in order to fund student activities, including things like farm improvements, bus rides, and agricultural education scholarships for SLOHS seniors.

“It’s our biggest fundraiser of the year, and it goes to support all of our FFA events that we do,” said junior Broderick Hill.

The auctioneer at the live auction is local AG celebrity Todd Ventura. At the auctions, in addition to other things, many goods hand-made by San Luis Obispo students will be sold, including cutting boards, wine racks, welded artwork, and much more. 

“The really cool thing about this event is that people who spend time and money making handicrafts, FFA reimburses them for the materials, and they only take like 50% of the profits so you’ll get a lot of your profits but you don’t need to pay for the ingredients.” Said freshman Aria Olsen, who made succulent and moss wreaths that will be sold at the auction.

There is also dessert, dinner, an open bar, and live music provided by Monte Mills and the Lucky Horseshoe Band. While SLOHS students themselves can’t attend the event, it is sure to be worthwhile for any adults who are interested in going.

Tickets are 75 dollars per person and can be purchased at the link CHARITYAUCTION.BID/BARNBASH2022.