TNN Trickery and Despair at SLOHS basketball game? A satirical investigation

Photo courtesy of junior Owen Blackwell 

On Tuesday, January 25 Students at San Luis Obispo High School were sitting in their third period class while the daily Tiger News Network video was playing. Most students don’t normally pay attention, but one thing caught our ears and reeled us in, free tacos. Yes that’s right, free tacos. FREE TACOS, well that’s something students just couldn’t pass up. 

The details the famous Cal Lanier gave them were as follows. Come to the basketball game, and at 6:45 there would be free tacos. Many students decided that they would go. Who wouldn’t want to, there was going to be free food? Little did they know not all was as it seemed. 

As Students arrived at the school and went into the gym their stomachs grumbled, excited for the coming food. That’s when the devastating news was revealed. They had run out! Out of tacos? No, out of tickets. It turned out there had been 30 tickets given out minutes earlier, and they ran out. Did the school seriously think that only 30 students would show up for free food? 

“It shook us to our core when they said they didn’t have any more tickets. The main reason why me and my friends went to the game was for the tacos. We got there on time and did everything they asked yet they refused us our tacos. This drove us into a depressed state and we ended up just leaving,” said junior Josiah McCarley.

This abhorrent misinformation was a gut punch, worsened by the odors wafting from the lucky few who got tickets.

The students of SLO High trusted TNN, but that day that trust was broken. As they stood in awe at this terrible misfortune, students began to question the words of Lanier and TNN. No longer is TNN a beacon of truth. They offered students free tacos if only they attended the basketball game, and left them with nothing but despair and empty stomachs.