Apple vs Orange: what is the superior juice?

Two choices, one answer. Image courtesy of Scienceline. 

One question certainly lies in the minds of all students at San Luis Obispo High School, a thought so eager that has to be answered: what is the better juice, apple or orange? 

It just might be apple. 

“Sometimes orange juice has pulp and I don’t really like pulp because it tastes weird. It’s just like sour and apple juice is sweeter,” said junior Yanelly Cardenas.

Despite a favor for apples, the scale tilts back towards orange in some cases. 

“I just like apples better than oranges, but it’d be a different story if it was Sunny D,” said junior Skyler Casares.

Some don’t have a preference however, favoring both sides of the question. 

“If i’m feeling energetic I’ll take a slap of fresh orange juice, but if i’m like not really in the mood, but I just want some sweet drink, then apple juice,” said junior Legend Legato. 

The appreciation for both juices is common, however the favor for orange brings a boost to the debate. 

“I like the vitamin C boost of orange juice, and then apple juice can just be crisp in the afternoon when it’s warm,” said substitute teacher Griffin Taylor. 

Orange isn’t the only one with health benefits however, for apple juice is 88 percent water. For those who need to hydrate but aren’t huge fans of water or a certain textured juice, apple juice is great to quench thirst.  

While it can be argued that both juices are equally great, the mood for apple juice is always right. The absence of pulp adds a huge plus to those who don’t like a slimy texture with their drink. What’s the better juice?

Apple juice, hands down.

Source: www.healthline.com