Come Battle it Out at the SLOHS Chess Tournament

Calling all San Luis Obispo High School chess players! This Sunday, May 22, the chess club is holding a tournament at King David’s Masonic Lodge. The event is open to anyone, regardless of skill level.
The chess tournament is in desperate need of attendees to make the event successful. Expressions interviewed sophomore chess club president Julia Rizzo, who is trying to spread the word about the event.

Expressions: What is this event about?
Sophomore chess club president Julia Rizzo: The event is a chess tournament, but don’t let skill level shy you away from joining. There is no admission fee and prizes for the winners.
Expressions: When and where is the tournament held?
Rizzo: The event will take place this Sunday, May 22, at 11 a.m. It will be at King David’s Masonic Lodge in downtown SLO.
Expressions: How can people sign up?
Rizzo: People can sign up by filling out the form linked below or by emailing [email protected].
Expressions: How is the tournament going to work?
Rizzo: The tournament will consist of thirty-minute games, 15 minutes per player per game. Every player will be guaranteed more than one game. All in all, it will be a lot of fun!
Expressions: Will food be provided?
Rizzo: We will have a good time! Lunch is provided, and snacks! All in all, it is a great way to spend a Sunday, have a few chess games, and relax.

The SLOHS chess club encourages attendees to bring their friends and families to compete as well! Fill out the link below to sign up.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfM51oyUSRRihYbtQVFfUTUuPIXfeJ_VXE02P4WptVKRjt0dQ/viewform?usp=sf_link