SLOHS Students are playing video game“Elden Ring”. Should you?

Photo courtesy of Bandai Namco

At San Luis Obispo High School, students have started playing a brand new video game. “Elden Ring” released on February 25th and is an open-world action RPG with gameplay similar to “Dark Souls”.

In “Elden Ring”, you play as a warrior that has to explore the world and fight monsters in order to become an elden lord. You can choose from multiple classes so play as, such as a samurai, vagabond, hero, prophet and more.

“The game’s story is that you, a tarnished, are quested to restore and claim the elden ring, an artifact of great power and divine relevance” said senior Cody Barriger.

The game is made by FromSoftware, whose most popular games include “Dark Souls”, “Bloodborne”, “Sekiro”, and “Demon’s Souls”. All of these games have very similar gameplay, so if you like one then you may also like “Elden Ring”.

“The graphics are great. There’s lots of little details included and it overall just looks great. Even on the older consoles they look absolutely amazing” said freshman Izayah Crespo.

The game takes on a visually dark and gothic style, but still maintains beautiful scenery with the open world. The graphics were made to run successfully on both next-gen and older consoles.

“Elden Ring” is a “souls-like” game, which means that when you die you lose all of your currency that could help you advance the game. Souls-like games also contain difficult combat with hard enemies.

“Leveling up is always hard. You lose experience and currency when you die and the bosses deal a ton of damage” said Crespo.

“Elden Ring” is available to play on Xbox, Playstation, and PC. If it sounds interesting, think about trying the game.