New year, new resolutions; here’s some ideas for the empty minded SLOHS student

New year, new resolutions; heres some ideas for the empty minded SLOHS student

It’s that time of year again, when San Luis Obispo High School students are bombarded with the question, “What are your new year’s resolutions?”

For the majority who don’t even know what they’re going to eat for dinner today, that is a loaded question. In light of this, here are some simple things to do before that new year’s motivation runs out.

“I don’t remember the last time I drank water, I think it was either this morning or last night,” said sophomore Aubrey O’Leary. 

Starting with the most important thing: drink water. Chances are, a good majority of people haven’t drank water since the previous year. Make that a resolution- drink water more often, it doesn’t have to be daily, simply more often. 

Second thing on the list, connect with nature. Step outside for a minute, go on a walk- touch grass even. Leave behind the unopened emails and pending google classroom assignments and appreciate the snail on the sidewalk. 

If all else fails, be kind to yourself. Resolutions don’t always have to be long-term, they can be simple and short. Falling short of a goal is disappointing at times, but the attempt still matters. Keep that positive mentality as long as possible, and the new year will be what you make it out to be. 

Happy new year, Tigers!