SLOHS students should watch Netflix’s hidden gem, “Inside Job”

Photo courtesy of Netflix.

Winter break is rapidly approaching San Luis Obispo High School, and students are soon to be in need of a show to binge.  Netflix’s animated sci-fi comedy “Inside Job” is an amazing show to fill that void. For SLOHS students who enjoyed shows like “Gravity Falls” and “Rick and Morty”, “Inside Job” is the show to watch. 

The show follows a genius with no people skills, Reagan Ridley, and her (at first glimpse) laid-back coworkers. Working for a shadow government and living with her toxic father, Ridley  is constantly under pressure to the point she is unstable, therefore creating situations which make the show enjoyable. “Inside Job” not only thrives off of unsolved emotions, but it pokes fun at popular conspiracies like flat earth, lizard people, and a faked moon landing. 

“It’s really funny and executes its humor well. It has lots of modern meme references that are actually funny and not cringy like other shows have been. The characters are also very likeable,” said senior Ahmee Smith.

With 10 episodes that can capture even someone with the attention span of a goldfish, “Inside Job” is something that can be binged in one sitting. With characters like an overworked genius with unresolved trauma, the best himbo, a terrible father, a mushroom and more, this show is bound to keep people watching for it’s dysfunctional dynamic. 

“Inside Job” is worth a shot for anyone wanting to watch a new show in their free time. It might become your new favorite show!